If you have suffered injuries due to a motorcycle accident, car accident, or slip and fall, you may be wondering the amount of compensation you could recover in a personal injury lawsuit.
At Sarraf Law Firm, our role is to assess your case fully and help you to get the proper answer to your question. We have deep roots in helping clients injured throughout California and have successfully recovered millions.
To learn more and schedule a free consultation, contact us today.
Factors That Determine The Value Of Your Personal Injury Claim
Facts vary. Each case is different. However, when we take a case, we will assess the value of your case by looking at the following factors:
- Medical Costs & Bills: You deserve to be compensated for your future and past medical treatment, including pain management therapies, adaptive medical devices, and physical therapy.
- Loss Of Pay: If your injuries are forcing you to miss your work, you should be compensated for the salary you are unable to earn. If your injury is permanently not allowing you to work, you should be compensated for your lost salary. If you can work again in a limited capacity, then you deserve the difference between what you have earned after and before your injury.
- Suffering and Pain: Sometimes the insurance companies use a term called “Pain Multipliers” which means that your economic loss is multiplied by a designated number to estimate your suffering and pain damages.
- Emotional Distress: If you suffer from depression, insomnia, anxiety, or post-traumatic stress disorder, or other emotional or mental health issues as a result of the injury, you should be compensated for this emotional distress as well.
Our attorney at Sarraf Law Firm, can gather employment records, medical records, and other evidence in order to establish these damages.
Other Factors That Determine Your Claim’s Value:
When assessing the value of your case, there are other two factors you need to consider:
- Comparative negligence: If you are partially to be blamed for your injuries or accident, then your damage claim may reduce by the percentage of your fault.
- Insurance limits: In your personal injury claim, the at-fault-party’s insurance coverage usually covers your losses and costs. However, the insurance company will pay only up to the policy limits. This is why personal injury claim settlements tend to be for an amount equal to the at-fault party’s policy limits.
A Personal Injury Attorney Can Help Value Your Claim
Getting sufficient compensation for your injury is necessary so that you can move on with your life and have the money you need to pay for your expenses and provide your medical care. You don’t want to accept less than what you deserve, which means that you should have a clear idea of what your case is worth.
At Sarraf Law Firm, we can help you to determine what you should receive for your injury claim. Before you sign anything or settle for any amount, contact us now.